Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blog has changed

Hi all,
My very first post on here was in regards to the story I wrote for Mikala and how I was just going to use this for my personal musings and information on any story I was writing that was not Erotica.
Well yeah, that didn't happen to be honest.
I decided to change it and make it about my crafting, so here goes.

When I was a little girl, my mum and Oma taught me how to knit and crochet. This was a valuable lesson and has provided me with hours of fun and frustration.

I am now a married mother of 2 adult sons and Grammy to two of
the most adorable grandsons. I always knitted clothes for my children when they were babies and toddlers and as they got older they refused to wear them.
When my grandsons came along, I did the same for the them but unfortunately their mothers were not that keen on knitted clothing or crocheted afghans for their little ones.
Still wanting to keep my hand at it, I have taken to knitting and crocheting for my own benefit, for my fur baby, George and for my husband and on the odd occasion for relatives.
My sister in law introduced me to a face book group that is based in and around my local area who request donations of clothing etc for those families in need.
Contacting the woman in charge I offered to knit and crochet for Preemies and Newborns and was ecstatic when she said they would love it.
So I have  done quite a few and now just need to finish them off and get them to her.

I have also decided to enter the Geelong Woolen Mills Scar Festival, so stay tuned on how I go with that.

Anyway that is it for now. I will slowly add links to different sites I enjoy as well as photos of my creations.

Until then Knit 1, Chain 1 and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment