Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Labor of Love



This granny square bedspread took me a few years to make as I was working full time at that stage. Originally it was going to be for my eldest son to use on his bed but he politely declined it due to the colors.
I ended up giving it to my Uncle for Christmas who is a die hard Collingwood Football Club supporter.

If I remember correctly there are approximately 13 rounds to each square, 16 squares in total and is big enough to fit a King Size bed.

Yarn used was 8ply Black and 8 ply White. I used the jumbo sized balls from Big W (Australia) 500g balls.
If I remember the pattern I used I will share it. But I believe it was just a basic granny square pattern.

End result, my Uncle loved it and it sits proudly on the end of his bed, for when he requires extra warmth on those col winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment