Monday, October 13, 2014

Newborn Summer Dress and Hat

Hello everyone,

I have been busy crocheting for "the little one" and this is the latest outfit I have finished for her. Her Mum (my niece) loved the photos I sent her of it, so that has made me happy.

The dress I found on Youtube and I fell in love with it. I purchased the pattern (no it wasn't free) from Hectanooga who has a shop on Etsy.

But me being me, I decided to change it up a bit and did a shell pattern for the skirt. I feel it came out really well.

The yarn I used was Carnival 8 ply Col 150 Lot 788416 in a gorgeous buttery yellow.
The hook was a 5mm.
I made a little flower in a multi colored 4 ply of pinks and purples, using the flower pattern that is also available on the pattern pdf.

The hat I found on a site called Anna Virginia Fashion. Check this lady's site out as she has the most marvelous things and some fantastic links as well.

This pattern is free.
I used the same 8 ply as the dress but with a 4mm hook instead.
Instead of the shell edging and ribbon to give it the flapper look, I did a ruffle edge on the hat and made a larger version of the flower as I used on the dress ie 3 layers instead of 2 layers.

The last thing I think I will make to go with this little outfit is a pair of booties befitting the summer style as "the little one" is due in December (Summer in Australia).

I do have a gorgeous little coat I need to finish off and a pair of Mary Janes, I have also made. I'm just horrendous about weaving in ends and sewing things together. Okay so this one involved no sewing but a lot of ends to weave in and buttons to sew on. As soon as I have that done, I'll post the results here for you all, including links to sites/patterns etc.

Well that is all from me for this evening.
Happy Crafting,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment