Monday, April 28, 2014

Check size first...silly woman!

Hi all,

Well as you know I have been busily crocheting my Mum a jacket for her birthday.

It is now just over a week since her birthday and not only did I not get it finished BUT I have had to pull it out as it is the wrong size *groan*

So the story goes something like this...

Saw Mum on the weekend and took the partially finished jacket with me so she could see what I was making for her.

Result..

Mum loves the color and the style and the stitch.

But...

The rotten thing is not the correct size for her. So after pulling out the measuring tape and consulting the pattern itself, we have decided to go an extra two sizes larger as there really was not much difference between the size I thought would be fine and the next size up.

Result...

Mum is coming over for dinner the night before Mother's Day and has gently stated that she would love to have her new jacket for then.

So time to work my fingers to the bone and get this jacket done quickly. The only thing I know is this -- I won't be pulling it out a dozen or so times as I am already comfortable with the pattern.

Keep your fingers crossed for me crafters.

Toodles all and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment