Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ergonomic Crochet Handle

Well how excited was I yesterday when I received my new toy...the Ergonomic Crochet Handle. This link is
Ergonomic Crochet Handle
to the one from Annie's Crafts but unfortunately they don't deliver to Australia, so I purchased mine from Ebay.com.au

I chose to purchase one because I have a bit of arthritis in my hands and find that it becomes a tad difficult to hold the hook properly.

So now on to the good part...what do I think of it?

Placing the hook into the handle was very easy with clear concise instructions. The only downfall being that the colors on the back of the packet did not quite match the colors of the washers that you need to use to hold your hook in place.

First attempt, hook was wobbly.

Hubby to the rescue (bless his over generous heart). He was able to take one look at the hook I was using, a 5.5mm and able to pick the right washer straight up. I wonder if this is because he is a sheetmetal worker and deals with fiddly sizes all day...hmmm.

Anyway, with the right washer in, I found that the hook sat very securely within the handle, with no movement whatsoever.

It has taken me a little bit to get used to but I am slowly getting my rhythm back with it on and it is a lot kinder on my fingers, I must say.

So anyone who is having g problem handling their hooks to arthritis or any other form of hand problems, I would highly suggest you purchase one and use it. Bear with it the first few times and you will soon find that you wondered how you ever crocheted without one.

Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment