Thursday, April 17, 2014

Busy, busy, busy...

Hi all,

Well it has been awhile since I last posted in here but I have you know I have been busy, busy, busy.

This coming Sunday (Easter Sunday) is my wonderful Mum's birthday, so this year I thought I would plan ahead and make her a present instead.

Last year I made her a Spider Web Block shawl for Mother's Day and she just loved it. Well at least that is what she told me *giggles*

Now what was I on about? *scratches head and reads last few lines*

Oh that's right, Mum's birthday and making her present. I am so forgetful at times it isn't even funny!

So I found this pattern on Annie's Crochet Daily (she also does knitting, fabric and other goodies) and when I saw it, I knew it was just right for my Mum.

This is the jacket I am making.

You know how you can actually see someone in something and no matter how hard you try not to keep going back to it--you do? Well I did lol

Anywoo, if you want to know the drama that went on in purchasing the wool and deciding on a different stitch than the one mentioned in the pattern, then have a look at my previous post by clicking here.

<insert interesting, yet highly boring interval music here while you go and check it out>

Right I think that has been long enough for you to have gone and read it and recovered from the giggles. At least I hope so.

Now the date I wrote that post was March 18th 2014, it is now April 17th 2014, nearly a month later and alas I have still not finished it. I would never profess to being a fast crocheter and given that I have the onset of arthritis in my hands, I have days where it will be work one row and take the next two hours off so I can get some feeling back in my fingers and wrists,

Oh I do so waffle on, sorry about that.

Anyway I have explained to my Mum that I haven't finished it yet so it will possibly end up as a combined birthday/mother's day present. So now Mum wants me to bring it up to her place on Saturday so she can see it.

All I can say is, I hope she likes it!

Anyway toodles all and happy crafting.

*All images were found using google.com images

No comments:

Post a Comment