Sunday, December 28, 2014

What I have been up to...take 2

Hello my fellow crafters,

Well as promised, I am going to share the other things I had been working on for Christmas presents.

My gorgeous little niece who is 4, has just begun to play with Barbie Dolls in earnest, pinching her Mum's face flannels and tea towels to make beds for her Barbie.

So being the "nice" aunty that I am, I decided to make some blankets and pillows for her.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the finished products *sad face*.

I also made her some headbands and hair ties as I know she loves wearing pretties in her hair.

For my son's partner's little girl who is 3, I also made her some headbands and hair ties as she just loves to wear her hair like Anna from Frozen.

Needless to say, remembering to photograph finished items is truly not one of my strong spots but one I am hoping to rectify in 2015.

The other things I made were some cat toys for our two cats and four kittens, they loved their little mice and santa sacks.

Last but not least, I crocheted nine Star Pot Holders to put on the tables for our Boxing Day lunch. I am so proud of them. Not only did they come out looking super good, but they were so quick and easy to do as well.

This time I do have a photo of them lol

Ok perhaps not the best photo in the whole world but hey ameteur photographers here.

I got the pattern from Petals to Picot. It is called the Chunky Crochet Doily pattern and it comes in two sizes. I chose to do the larger size because I wanted to make sure that the bases of any hot container would be kept away from the table.

What I liked the most about this pattern was that after the first two or three, I could do them without checking the pattern and the fact that they could be whipped up in just over an hour was a blessing and a half for me.

Well I think that is about it,  If you are interested in reading my previous post please click here.

I am not sure I will be able to get another post up before the end of the year but in case I don't, I wish you all a wonderfully safe, happy and healthy 2015.

Happy Crafting,
Penny
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment