Saturday, December 27, 2014

What have I been up to?

Hello fellow crafters,

Well I have been a busy little bee over the last few months, making Christmas presents and decorations for home.

Now not all of the items I have made have been photographed as I am really bad in that regard but my darling hubby was kind enough to take photos of some of the things I still have here.

To start with, I made some more diaper covers for "the little one", who made her entry into this world on December 22nd. Her parents have called her Rebecca and she is a little darling (not a proud Great Aunt much). We are going to meet her next week and get some cuddle time in. I felt it was important to let the new family settle in a bit before going to visit.

So these are the photos of the diaper covers/nappy covers that I have crocheted. They are different sizes but I am hoping that they will be liked and well worn.


Diaper Covers



 Just plain red ones with white trim around it.
This was done in 8ply wool.
 These little pink ones are a 4ply with white trim and a little golden crown on the back because everyone has to know that Rebecca is our little princess :-)







These purple ones are again in 8ply with a 4ply multi pink frill on the back. So easy to make and oh so effective I think.





These little pale blue ones with white trim look very unisex. Will go well with any little outfit that is blue or has a hint of blue in it.
Again I used 8ply for these ones.





The patterns I used were from the following sites:


Now as well as these ones, I also made a few Diaper Covers for my sons partner's sister and her partner. They are expecting a little boy in the next couple of weeks so of course, I had to make something that was boyish.
A pair of royal blue diaper covers with red trim  and little red fish on the back, were what I came up with. Note: there is not that many patterns out there for embellishments/applique when it comes to little boys. 
As both parents are avid Australian Rules Football supporters, I felt it would be nice to make a pair in each team color that they barrack for. In this case it was Collingwood and Saint Kilda.
Photos of these to come at a later date.



Please read next post to see what else I have been up to.


Happy Crafting
Penny
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment