Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Crochet Crowd Crochet Challenge...I finished it!

Hello fellow crafters.

I am heaving a sigh of relief as I type this post as I finally finished The Crochet Crowd Crochet Challenge for January 2015 which was the Women's Peaked Hat.

Picture courtesy of The Crotchet Crowd and Yarnspiration


This pattern has come courtesy of Yarnspiration, which can be found here.

Well what can I say?

I was very excited to do my very first challenge.

Wool was chosen, buttons picked out and hook was a raring to go.

First attempt....

I got to the brim only to find that the hat would not have fit an adult woman, perhaps a 3 year old child if I was lucky!
So I pulled it all out and restarted.


Second attempt

Decided to go with a 6.5mm hook rather than the 5 that was suggested due to the above reason.
Carefully followed pattern and video and finally finished it!

YaY go me...

But wait what's this? I have a bit of a bump on the side and my hat looks like it would cover up a Beehive hair do *groan*

Well I wasn't going to pull it out and redo a third time, instead, I sewed my cute little buttons on and submitted it to TCC.

Hubby thinks that mine does look like some of the others that are on display but I'm not so sure on that as the others all look a lot smaller from the crown down to the brim.

Anywhoo it is the fact that I tried and completed my first challenge which is the main thing.

I would though urge any of you who are looking for something a bit different to hook, to try this hat out, as I'm sure after seeing all the other entries, you too can make it look the way it should if not better.

So what materials did I use for mine you might ask.
Carnival 8ply Acrylic 100g Col 096 Lot 789344 ( In other words it is a mint green in color)
Size 6.5mm hook
Buttons: Transparent green/yellow x 2 by about 2.5cm diameter.

My attempt


Happy Crafting everyone,
Love
Penny



No comments:

Post a Comment