Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cat Toys are just Purrrrfect To Make!

Hello everyone,

Just a short one to let you know that I have been busy making a couple of toys for our cats.

For those of you who don't know me, yes I am THE crazy cat lady lol

My eldest is George, he is 3 years old in March, and I love him to pieces.
George is a Ragdoll and was given to me as a birthday present from my eldest son. George is an aficionado of yarn and will gladly let me know which yarn he would like his next toy made out of. He doesn't just go for any color or texture, it has to meet the face snuggle, pillow comfy .

George is patiently waiting to play with the Nesting Rainbow Owl. More information can be obtained below.

Now as well as George, hubby and I were lucky to be able to adopt a gorgeous pure white Domestic
Long Hair with David Bowie eyes (one blue, one green). Her name is Sky and originally belonged to my song along with her brother Walker. Unfortunately Walker was attacked and killed by some foxes and Sky became very distressed at not having her mate around, so we were asked if we would adopt her.

Seriously how can can anyone refuse such a request.

So this then brought our cat fubabies up to 2.
Now as little un-desexed females are apt to do, they decide to go out and play with the local Toms and tart about.

Needles to say, we now have 4 of the most adorable little kittens. There is Theon (male), Lucipurr (male), Turtle (female) and Dottie (female) and how they enjoy running amok in the house, along with their fascination for the curtains and toys.

Boy do they love their toys. Anything they can carry in their mouths, play tug of war with or roll along the floor.

So what does a good human foster mum do?
Why she crochets toys for them that she thinks
they will enjoy.

I found a pattern for Nesting Rainbow Owls by mojo-mojo designs and this became my very first amigurumi to crochet. So it doesn't quite look like the ones in the pattern but I am proud of it. So one down and a few more to go with those.

The second one I made was from Petals to Picot. It is a Little Chick Bean Bag sans the beans. This would have to have been the easiest thing to make and again I just love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment