Sunday, September 14, 2014

Crocheted Plastic Bag Holder

Hello everyone,

Plastic Bag Holder (PBH)
My youngest son and his girlfriend/partner have just recently moved out of home and into their own unit.

H is a very tidy young lady who likes everything to be in its place and was complaining about the plastic bags that they recycle from grocery shopping filling up a drawer that could be used for other things.

Having made a plastic bag holder (bad attempt on my behalf), H asked if I could make one for her and R.

Now what could I say but yes!

I had some white wool left over from earlier projects, so that was good. But when it came to what stitch I was going to use, that was an entirely different matter. I wanted something that looked good but not old and dowdy. So into my emails I went.

On the right hand side of this blog, you will find a link to New Stitch a Day. When you join up with them, you are given the option to have an email sent daily for both knitting and crocheting (I clicked yes of course).

Now the people who run the site, Johnny and Lacie, are the most adorable couple you will find on the net. Both of them are avid knitters an.d crocheter's, which is a nice surprise seeing as they are only a young couple.

Sorry I do tend to ramble quite a bit at times and have trouble remembering what I was going to say!

Oh yes that's right, the emails...

Well I decided that as I was going to make the kids a pbh (plastic bag holder) I may as well try my hand at a new stitch. Personally I think little projects like this is a perfect way to practice new stitches.

I remembered I had seen a tutorial for the DOUBLE CROCHET 5 TOGETHER BOBBLE and as it looked good and funky, I was going to give that a go.

The only difference I made to the stitch was to use a DC (double crochet) instead of a SC (single crochet) between each bobble.

As I didn't write the pattern down, I can't share it with you but the result turned out beautifully.

Anywhoo, I'm going to get going as I still have to finish off my Mum's Swing Jacket (1 and a half sleeves to go).

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Crafting,
Penny




No comments:

Post a Comment