Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Baby Shower Gifts

Hi all,

Well my niece had her baby shower on the 1st November 2014 and what a spoiled mum to be and
In honor of the woods theme in the "little ones" room
great niece they were.

There were some fantastic gifts made and purchased for the pair of them and from the look on my niece's face, all were well received.

My mother as the Great Marnie, made a gorgeous layette. All beautifully and lovingly knitted.
Other presents included singlets, handmade toys, brush and comb sets, socks, little outfits and so on.

It is amazing how little everything looked. Made me wonder if either of my sons would have ever fitted into the sizes she was given. Then I remembered...they were BIG bouncing baby boys, 9lb 5oz and 8lb 3oz. My grandsons were BIG bouncing babies as well. Our eldest now 7 years old was 8lb 3oz and our youngest who turns 2 next month was 11+ pounds born. So it truly was a lovely treat to see such petite little clothes, just the thing for little girls.

Now this excited Great Aunty had been furiously crocheting away making little outfits for the "little one" and was quite upset as one of the little jackets I had made got shredded in the washing machine. Mental note to self, use a worsted 8 ply/weight wool for it as it was just way too lacy for 4 ply/sock weight that I used. So will be redoing it again but making it so it will fit her in the cooler months.

Now what did I make, I suppose you are wondering, well take a look and be amazed (I know I was lol )






This was a lovely little romper set that I made in red and white with a matching head band and her first pair of Mary Jane booties. All little girls have to have a pair of MJ's *wink*





This was the finished product of the little yellow summer dress and hat I had made as well as her very first pair of sandals. I loved those sandals so much I wondered if I could get away with a pair for myself.








This was another little summer dress and it had a butterfly on the front that matched the ruffles on the bottom of the dress as well as the little headband and bloomers. Very quick and easy to make.





Now I have to admit, I loved this nappy/diaper cover and so did my niece and nephew in-law. So much so that they asked if I could make more of them. Have done a few up, just need to get the right buttons and do some embellishments on the back and then I will post it.
Seriously these whip up so quickly and look so special.


No comments:

Post a Comment