Saturday, October 4, 2014

Crocheted Diaper Cover...cute as!

Hello everyone,

Well I finished the first little item for my Great Niece to be, who will from now on be affectionately referred to as "the little one".

I wanted to make a diaper or as we call it here in Australia, nappy cover. After making the Minnie Mouse outfit, I thought it was a great idea, especially seeing as "the little one" is going to be put into cloth nappies (very eco friendly people).

So I scoured the net looking for a nice easy pattern and I found one on a website devoted to crocheter's called Crochetville. It is free to sign up and has a lot of great patterns, tips and forums to join in on.

So the pattern I used was by Hyphenatedlady, a Crochetville member and if you would like to view this FREE pattern then then click this line *wink*

I did do a little variation on the pattern though.
For instance, the pattern calls for elastic to be used around the waist, I preferred to use ribbon.
I did add a few extra rows in because to me it just didn't look long enough from crotch to waist to go over a nappy.
And finally, I did my own version of the "ruffles" around the leg. It was a simple 5DC in one DC then a SC in next DC and so on. I think it has given it a very nice little touch.

Material used was Panda Baby Soft 4 ply in a variegated pink/purple toning. White ribbon. Size 4mm  (G) crochet hook.

I look forward to doing some more "bum wraps" and jazzing them up a bit with ruffles on the back, little embellishments etc.

Hope you enjoy
Happy Crafting,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment